Newlyweds are saying "I do" to each other and equate to over half of first time home buyers that are also saying "I do" to their dream homes. It makes sense! When you put two hearts together, the time comes to find a home to nourish that love. A home that brings two of your places together and makes it one. If you and your spouse are ready to fall in love with the perfect house together, here are five tips to make sure the process goes smoothly, and you come prepared.
1. YOUR WEDDING BUDGET: Your wedding is a one-time event that shouldn't be less than what you'd imagine. It's a beautiful time to put all of your dream pieces together. However, it's best to sit down and find out ways you can shift the budget to help with your down payment for a home if you plan to purchase. The average couple spends a little over $20,000 on their wedding. Even a savings of $5,000 from your wedding budget can help with owning the perfect home.
2. WEDDING GIFTS: Wedding bliss comes with wedding gifts. Let's admit, one of our favorite times during the wedding season is all of the gifts that come pouring in! Have any friends or family pitching in cash? Save that to put towards your down payment. And depending on the generosity of your gifts, you can even open an account dedicated to your down payment, that friends and family can gift to.
3. GET PRE-APPROVED: One of the least brought up conversations in relationships is the credit and financial history of your soon-to-be spouse. Choose a reliable a lender to go over both of your histories. Find out what needs to be done to put both of you in a position to own together. In some cases, only one person can get approved, while the other can't. If you want to put both of your incomes toward the cost of the house, you'll want to speak with a lender early in the process to ensure you are prepared.
4. THE RIGHT AGENT: That's where I come in! For starters, I can connect you with a reliable, knowledgeable, and attentive lender to ensure your finances are guided by the best. It's an absolute joy to take the stress out of buying a home for my newlywed couples. We all know how stressful, although blissful, a wedding can be. To then jump into buying a house shortly after, well, it's certainly a lot to get through. But I can guide you through all of the steps to make sure you end up with a house you love. Just think of me as a wedding planner, but for homes.
5. NOW THERE'S TWO: While some spouses are a match made in heaven, loving and adoring the same exact things doesn't happen often with most couples. You still are your own persons and have your own tastes. This is where the first step to comprise really begins. Be sure you both are considerate of each other's wants and needs, so you are both happy with the home you choose for starting this joyous chapter.
If you would like more valuable information like this or want to schedule a free no-obligation consultation call my cell 412.403.0542, office 888.397.7352 x.814 or visit [email protected]
Author:Brandy Lee VeVerka Phone: 412-403-0542 Dated: May 11th 2018 Views: 85 About Brandy Lee: My goal is to exceed your expectations by helping you obtain the information you need to make inform...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Top 5 Home Staging Props1. ORCHIDS & HIGH-QUALITY FLORALSOrchids are a
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area."